Friday, October 10, 2008

Halfway there
To insanity and back

At the beginning of the year, I set myself the goal to commute to work from home on my Trice. Then there was the "summer" and I hardly cycled at all, 'cos I am a fair-weather commuter.

Today, I thought I'd try it. The first half wasn't actually too bad, it took my an hour and a half from door to door (a total moving-wheels time of 1:19' for 15.64 miles).

So far so good - unfortunately, the way into work is overall downhill. I expect the trip home to take closer to 2 hours. 

The good news is, that Drake's Trail is now almost ready as a commuter route. The surface is still a little too gravelly in parts, which makes it tricky to get up some steeper uphills on my Trice and "interesting" coming down the same hills in the evening, but there is now only one fence in the way that can easily be circumnavigated. 

Whether I'll do this again, depends on how I get home tonight. I'm very pleased with my new lights, though - a Cateye Single Shot Plus at the front and a Cateye TL-LD1100 at the rear. Chunky but bright!

No comments: