Tuesday, October 28, 2008

There, and back again
Not the greatest ride

Another commute, as it was my half day and the only day this week I could cycle. The morning surprised me with its cold air, should have worn my thick gloves and the overshoes. Brrr. The trip back  was a lot more unpleasant though, with rain and hail and lead weights where my legs used to be. And it seems that my rain jacket isn't all that waterproof anymore. I think a was with the NikWax technical detergent and waterproofer might be in order. 

I'm waiting for Kevin from D.Tek to email or ring me back with the offer for a second hand fairing. That should make quite a bit of difference for the comfort this winter. 

Another order will be made for some Marathon Plus tyres, the Marathon Racers are being shredded by the Devon country roads. I discovered another puncture last night, due to an evil thorn. There is quite a bit of damage to the thread, as well. Time to upgrade to "bomb proof", at least for the winter season. It's hard to see what's hidden beneath all the leaves on the paths.

No comments: